Town & Village Life
County Life Magazines set out to encapsulate the history and heritage of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. Every issue features articles on selected towns and villages complemented with stunning photography capturing the essence and beauty of county life. Editorial of substance and interest provide easy and entertaining reading from cover to cover.
History & Heritage
There is a rich seam of history and heritage running through the fabric of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire - these elements are the foundation on which our society developed and colloquial personality, unique to our region, emerged. Now popularised, to some extent, by television programs charting a similar course, there is always a curiosity for the past.
Famous individuals, memorable locations and indelible events abound our history books. Folklore and legend continue to be passed down from one generation to the next. Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire are blessed with more than their fair share and County Life Magazines recall these captivating topics - a popular and entertaining feature.
Lifestyle - Weddings
Our seasonal wedding and fashion features are pictorially focused on local specialists. With useful information, tips, and serendipitous addendums to provide a balanced read and to highlight some of the very best venues and suppliers throughout Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
Lifestyle - Homes
Our home interest articles deliver inspiration, with a local connection. Kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, lighting and soft furnishings are elements that turn a house into a home. Topical ideas, tips, suggestions and profiles on local specialists highlight a selection of the best our region has to offer.
Lifestyle - Motoring
When we review the latest cars, we do so without technical jargon. We provide a traditional, balanced, editorial approach to bridge the gap between forecourt and forethought. We also have a penchant for the old classics - after all, our region has a rich motoring heritage!
Food For Foddies
Follow our ‘Great Food' reviews. We visit the very best local venues. Food, service, location, atmosphere and ambiance are all ingredients that provide the foundations for a great 'foodie' experience. County Life Magazines are a source of trusted recommendation and reference for dining out on a budget or splashing the cash.
Grand Day Out
‘Grand Days Out’ - a regular feature - provides inspiration and insight into those alternative locations worth travelling the extra mile! Celebrating a special event, occasion, or just fancy going further afield? Locations with a bit of panache, culture and stunning architecture, or a quintessentially English village with olde-worlde charm, are featured.
Events, Fetes & Shows
Whatever the season there is always a county show, event or fete that is bound to make a great family day out. Farmers' markets, antiques, food or craft fairs are very popular throughout Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. Many of the most respected, and well known locations and events, are featured on a seasonal basis.
Written from a professional's perspective 'Nature Notes' is a regular feature that not only entertains, but also educates.
Town & Country Homes
Looking to up-size, down-size or invest in the property market? We feature a selection of the latest property developments.
Serendipity - Gifts Ideas
Inspirational gifts with a difference in our 'Serendipity' page - an unexpected pleasant surprise just waiting to be discovered!
WE PUBLISH ON A QUARTERLY BASIS AND EACH ISSUE HAS A THREE MONTH SHELF LIFE:
4 ISSUES ANNUALLY
• (SPRING EDITION - Published MARCH)
• (SUMMER EDITION - Published JUNE)
• (AUTUMN EDITION - Published SEPTEMBER)
• (WINTER EDITION - Published DECEMBER)
The County Life portfolio of magazines includes Bedfordshire County Life, Cambridgeshire County Life and County Life-Hertfordshire.
Each title is carefully crafted to create a platform to benefit our advertisers - many of whom use the cross-platform opportunity to advertise in all three counties.Published on a quarterly basis - which benefits our advertisers as a result of the retention value and which, in turn, helps keep advertising spend to a minimum, all three titles are paid for magazines and available in most independent news sellers and supermarkets.
Focused on delivering a consistently eclectic mix of interesting articles - many with a local theme and others with a regional appeal - they are all illustrated with superb photography and endeavour to take the reader on a journey of discovery, with a well proportioned balance between advertising and editorial content.
Our lead article, 'Down Your Way', explores the history and heritage of local towns and villages. "County Connections' captures the history and heritage of our regions. Seasonal and home interest lifestyle articles set out to inspire, while our events, diary and news pages deliver an overview on what's happening in the counties of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. 'Great Escapes' and 'Grand Days Out' take the reader on a journey of discovery. 'Great British Traditions' and 'A Picture of England' capture the essence of our green and pleasant land. Property, gift ideas, gardening tips and wildlife also feature in each title.
Heavy weight VIA: Waitrose - Tesco - Sainsburys - Asda. Medium weight VIA: The majority of independent newsagents. DIRECTLY MAILED subscription base HARD COPIES and ONLINE with free-to-read pdf editions.
POST CODE DISTRICTS
COUNTY LIFE - BEDFORDSHIRE
• MK40 IRZ • MK40 1TG • MK40 2QH • MK40 4JT • MK40 4JH • MK41 0SE • MK41 7PJ • MK41 7QF • MK41 OUE • MK41 9BS • MK42 8AY • MK42 0BG • MK42 0GE • MK42 8DD • MK43 8PU • MK43 0ST • MK43 9JT • MK43 0AR • MK45 1LX • MK45 2LU • MK45 2PL • MK45 5JG • SG5 1PU • SG18 0JS • SG18 0NA • SG18 9BT • SG19 1JA • SG19 1JA • SG19 2NP • LU1 2LL • LU2 7UG • LU2 7SF • LU3 3BJ • LU3 IPE • LU3 2SZ • LU4 8JS • LU5 5ES • LU5 5ES • LU5 4JU • LU6 1LW
COUNTY LIFE - HERTFORDSHIRE
• SG12 0LX • SG12 0QW • SG12 8AQ • SG12 8NH • SG12 9AD • SG13 7HH • SG13 8HY • SG13 8LY • SG14 1AL • SG4 1NB • SG14 3DU • SG14 1BN • SG1 3EH • SG5 2UG • SG19 1BN • SG18 9RU • SG18 9BN • SG18 8AX • SG18 0JL • SG18 0LA • SG18 8JR • SG18 0NS • SG17 5LX • SG19 2AF • SG18 0DU • SG18 OJH • SG19 3NJ • SG19 2TE • SG18 9SN • SG18 0AP • SG17 5BE • SG18 8AW • AL5 4JY • AL5 1LG • AL5 2TJ • AL8 6AB • AL3 4JZ • AL5 4SA • AL5 4SP • AL5 4UJ • EN10 7HX • EN5 5XY • EN11 0JD • EN11 OJP • EN11 ORL • EN11 8TN • EN11 9QP • CM23 2BA
COUNTY LIFE - CAMBRIDGESHIRE
• CB8 0XG • CB22 5LZ • CB 4 2JE • CB21 4JT • CB23 7QG • CB1 9BF • CB6 3XA • CB 7 4QJ • CB24 6AZ • PE28 5NX • PE27 5BW • PE19 1BN • PE19 1JZ • PE19 2SA • PE1 1RA • PE15 8RE • CB 8 8XW • CB25 9DA • CB8 7EW • CB21 5JG • CB 8 8LE • CB1 3TE • CB22 5BS • CB3 0NJ • CB22 5A • CB2 1QA • CB23 2SG • CB1 3HP • CB11 3QY • CB7 5BH • CB1 2BD • CB2 1SJ • PE28 2TA • PE28 5PQ • PE19 8EF • PE7 1BA • PE15 0LL • PE15 9TA • PE7 3RP • PE1 3SA • PE2 6XN • PE9 2AL • PE8 6JD • PE2 9PA • PE7 8BD • PE16 6AB • CB25 0BA • IP33 1NE • CB7 4LJ • CB1 1EW • CB4 1AL • CB23 3RH • CB1 9HU • CB7 5RT • CB3 0AF • CB4 3BU • CB24 3BP • CB24 4QG • CB24 9JD • PE29 1XU • PE28 0DR • PE28 2DR • PE28 2PA • PE14 8RG • PE9 4RN • PE13 4PG • CB23 8EL • PE19 1SU • PE8 4BG • CB23 7BP • CB7 5HH • PE28 3PA • PE3 8DA • CB25 0AA • CB5 8LD • PE28 2AX • CB24 9JD • CB4 2NF• PE15 0QA • PE15 8TP • PE16 6AJ • CB8 8EQ • PE3 9ED • CB6 1SE • CB1 2LF • PE4 6NA • CB1 7DZ • PE3 6DB • PE6 7DU • PE26 2SB • PE2 8RJ • CB6 1JH • PE4 7DH • PE15 8LA • PE2 8GP • PE14 0DJ • PE2 6XN • CB11 4AP
OUR READERSHIP - YOUR POTENTIAL MARKET
Discerning, living in both town and country, our readers might be semi-rural homeowners or town dwellers interested in the finer things in life.
They are a mix of parents of young children, professionals with a disposable income achieved either by dual salary, top end single salary or retired on final salary pension.
We are the longest established, paid for, county magazine in Bedfordshire. In Cambridgeshire we are the true ‘Traditional’ County Magazine and our Hertfordshire title completes our portfolio. Our quality titles have a loyal readership who are just as keen to learn about the history and heritage of their county, as they are interested in shopping locally for home interest products or seeking out the private sector, including education, residential care homes, and private health, or even when considering the purchase or a new home. They also enjoy eating out, both near and far, and look for inspirational days out and ideas for special occasions.
THE PROFILE OF OUR READERS
AVERAGE MALE/FEMALE RATIO:
35 - 75
AVERAGE COMBINED HOUSEHOLD INCOME: